The Company takes its obligations under the Act seriously. We will take all reasonable steps in order to comply with the NPPs and to protect the privacy of personal information that we collect and hold.
This policy document sets out how we intend to comply with the Act and it outlines the information we collect, how we use it and protect it. This policy applies solely to information collected through this website and not other sources.
USE OF THIS WEBSITE
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personal information about you through this website only when you submit it voluntarily. This information is usually collected from you via promotions, competitions, games, mailing list subscriptions, online registrations, online orders, information requests, queries, comments, feedback, surveys, distributor/franchisee applications or other features of the website.
We collect, hold and use the following information from users of this website:
- date of birth
- contact number(s)
- email address
- wage details
- family dependency details, including number of residents in your household
- information about your preference for goods or services we offer from time to time
- details of any prizes that may have been won
- details of any queries that may have been made
- credit card details
PROVIDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Providing personal information is up to you. If you do not want your personal information collected, please do not submit it. If you choose not to provide personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you with access to some or all of the pages on this website or provide you with our comprehensive product range and services.
You may also be ineligible to register as an online customer, place an order via our internet system as well as enter any competition, promotion or other special marketing event we are running, and our franchisees, distributors and employees may not be able to effectively deal with you.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We generally collect and use this information in order to conduct our business of the manufacture, marketing and distribution of ice cream and ice confectionary products throughout Australia. This includes The Company using this information to communicate with you about our products and services, provide on-going goods and services to you and for internal administrative, marketing, planning, research and development purposes.
We may use your personal information as follows:
- to confirm your identity
- to provide you with access to certain areas and features on this website
- to reward you for being a loyal Home Ice Cream customer
- to share it with our related entities, subsidiaries or distributors/franchisees as required to perform functions on our behalf in connection with this website and our business (such as delivery of merchandise, administration of the website, promotions, prizes, awards, marketing, data analysis or customer services). Further use or disclosure of your personal information by them for other purposes is not permitted
- for other purposes set out when your information is collected or in any additional terms and conditions applicable to the particular feature of the website
- for disclosures required by law, regulation or court order
- to contact you directly about the Company, its brands, products, services, special offers, samples and other promotions. Please note that at the point of collection of your information we will provide you with an opportunity to expressly indicate that you would like to stop us sending you such further communications and we will not send you any unless you have "opted-in". In addition, if you do not want us to use your personal information for a particular purpose or disclose it to a third party, you may "opt-out" at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer as set out below or by using the opt-out option provided in the communications to you. Please note that by opting-out you may not be able to participate in certain activities on or features of this website
- to approve transactions you wish to make
- to process any online ordering
- to provide you with products you have requested
- to follow up or pursue any queries you make
- to conduct marketing and consumer research
Except as mentioned here, we will not provide any of your personal information to any third party without your specific consent.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WHEN USING OUR INTERNET ORDERING SYSTEM
When you use the Company internet ordering system, additional information is collected when you order products online. This information assists in the delivery of merchandise to your door and to verify your credit card payment. The internet ordering system also stores information about your order to help you remember and re-order the same products in the future.
CREDIT CARD DETAILS
All internet orders must be pre-paid via credit card. Your credit card details are required to process payment on the internet ordering system.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Except where you are otherwise notified, The Company does not make available any personal information collected through this website to a third party. The Company out sources certain business functions to other organisations. For this purpose, and only for the purpose of providing services to The Company, your personal information may, as required from time to time, be disclosed or transferred to other persons or organisations such as:
- related bodies corporate and entities, subsidiaries, contractors, franchisees and distributors
- organisations which provide services to us, such as data processing companies, mailing houses, promoters and marketing and consumer research agencies
- credit reference agencies or other credit providers
- government or statutory authorities
These organisations may directly contact you on behalf of The Company.
The Company will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information (such as information about racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs) except with your specific consent or in circumstances where it is permitted under the Act.
COLLECTION OF TECHNICAL NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you connect to this website we may use information technologies which automatically collect certain technical non-personally identifiable information. When you visit our website, a record of your visit is automatically made which collects the following technical non-personally identifiable information:
- server address
- top level domain name
- date and time of the visit
- web pages accessed
- documents downloaded
- type of browser being used
If you use the forms to send an email to someone at the Company through our website, a record will also be made of your email address.
This information helps us keep our website fresh and interesting to our visitors and tailor content to a visitor's interests. The information collected is also used:
- for the compilation of statistical data
- for tracking your purchases
- for website development/improvement
- to respond to any email inquiries
- for quality control
- for systems administration
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
The Company is dedicated to keeping your personal information secure. We will take all reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information held by us. This includes appropriate technology to protect personal information stored electronically, as well as information stored in hard copy format.
However, we cannot guarantee the security of such information. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all liability and responsibility for any damage you may suffer due to any loss, unauthorised access, misuse or alteration of any information you submit to this website.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can access personal information we hold about you. If you wish to verify, correct, access or update any of your personal information collected through this website, please contact our Privacy Officer in writing.
The Privacy Officer PO Box 6242 Toowoomba QLD 4350